Starting Over


Greetings Blogger! 

It's been such a long time since the last time I made a post on my blog. So I decided  to start fresh and make a new one. 

"Droplets of Life" 

I adapted my blog's name from my most favorite Japanese boy group from Japan (I don't refer them as 'boyband'): NEWS. 

So NEWS is this 4 guys-group that I always keep close in my heart. This may sound cheesy but they are always there when I'm down and literally supporting me with their songs. 

It was around 21.30-22.00 PM when I read the announcement of the scholarship program to Japan that I applied. I have high hopes that I can be one of the selected participant in this program because I managed to reach the final step of the selection. 
But in one of the 2 names that are selected, my name is not written in any of them. I kept my poker face for a few minutes, didn't know how to properly respond to the news. 'Ah, as expected,' my brain is trying to remind me that of course I'm not selected, afterall I don't have any big achievements or something to be proud of to be selected in this scholarship program. 

'No wonder. There's no need to be sad.' 

But there's something weird that I'm feeling. Ever since I was just a little kid, I'm just a crybaby and the most emotional person I've ever knew in my life. To this day, I'm no different than that kid that I always knew. So I kept on wondering, why the hell am I not crying or anything. 

I think the shock really got through me. 

After a few minutes of silence, I picked my iPod and connect them to the speaker. I don't know what's possessing me but I decided to put one of NEWS song called 'Hikari no Shizuku' or 'Droplets of Light'. Until now, I never knew what made me chose that one particular song. I didn't even knew what the song is all about. So randomly, I searched for the translation to the lyrics. 


I found it on h0bbitx3.tumblr.com 

Opened-up disposable umbrellas
Who do they share their unbearable sadness with? 
Again the tears that have nowhere to go
Are shut up in my heart


Unable to see an answer to the question
I'm pondering

Although I keep repeating it
I search for tomorrow

That future is still the future
I am still me 

I just want to protect the things that are important

So why do I end up causing pain 
In order to see that smile
I'll start walking ahead of the darkness

That's why we will sing again and again 
Grasping a once in a lifetime muracle
On nights of uncertainty 
I wish I could turn on a light
This night too, this night too
Dawn will come 
There's a tomorrow we're hoping for with our hearts connected
We will believe in limitless dreams
Hoping that out wishes come true
To gently wipe away our tears

Feelings that we can't put into words
Why do we hide our sighs and pain?
In my heart the rain that won't stop pouring is till rain 

The tears I grasped in this hand
Will definitely one of these days 

Become a step towards brightness
I'll believe this and try to start walking

There are feelings that nothing can be done about
And scars that you can't tell anybody about
On those kinds of nights so that we can gently cuddle close
Hoping that our wishes come true
To gently wipe away our tears


.
.
.





And you know what happens next. 

Comments